Buildings & Contents Insurance

This is put in place to protect your home and the valuables within it from a number of different events such as fire or flood.

We have a range of different policies to help protect what's valuable to you.

It is a legal requirement to take out buildings cover when attaining a mortgage. However, most also arrange contents cover to protect their belongings within the home. It is important to remember that cheapest isn’t always best, especially when it comes to buildings and contents insurance!

A Buildings Insurance policy would typically cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home if it’s damaged from events such as storms and floods, fire, vandalism, subsidence and water damage. Contents covers all the items inside your home against theft, fire, and flood etc.

Different policies will offer different levels of cover. The more comprehensive policies will often cover the following:

•   Accidental damage
•   Home emergency cover
•   Legal expenses
•   Lower excesses
•   Specified personal possessions outside the home

If you are a landlord, it is very important that you have specific cover for the home you are renting out. This is often referred to as landlords cover and will ensure that the building is protected, as well as landlord specific contents.

It’s our professional responsibility to ensure that your home and family are protected and that you are aware of the risks involved with taking on a mortgage. We can discuss and help assess your circumstances with you to discover if buildings and contents cover is relevant for you and what level of cover would be most appropriate.

go2mortgages act as a credit broker not a lender for home and contents insurance

Please contact us to discuss your Home Insurance requirements.

For enquiries

We'd love to
hear from you

Get in touch

Related Service

Critical Illness


go 2 mortgages is a trading style of Philip Brignull which is an appointed representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network which is a trading style of Personal Touch Financial Services Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Registered address: Formal House, 60 St George's Pl, Cheltenham GL50 3PN.
Telephone number: 01242 237866